Ford Focus wins overall Used Car of the Year title at the prestigious What Car? Used Car Awards 2014.
It’s that time of the year when What Car? magazine’s panel of expert judges names the best second-hand cars you can buy on British forecourts. Find out who won what here…
What Car? Used Car Awards 2014 – the winners
- Used car of the year – Ford Focus 1.6 105 Zetec
- Best small car – Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
- Best city car – Hyundai i10 1.2 Comfort
- Best family car – Ford Focus 1.6 105 Zetec
- Best coupe – Volkswagen Scirocco 1.4 TSI 160
- Best fun car – Mazda MX-5 2.0 Sport
- Best estate car – Ford Mondeo Estate 2.0 TDCi 140 Zetec
- Best open-top car – BMW 3 Series Convertible 320d SE
- Best small SUV – Nissan Qashqai 1.5 dCi Acenta
- Best large SUV – Volvo XC90 2.4 D5 SE Lux
- Best executive car – Lexus IS220d SE
- Best luxury car – Jaguar XJ 3.0D V6 Luxury
- Best MPV – Citroën Grand C4 Picasso 1.6 HDi VTR+
As well as the What Car? experts, the panel of judges included David Gerrans, managing director of Warranty Direct, and Neil Addley, managing director of Trusted Dealers.
The value of the used car market reached a record level of £38.1 billion in 2012, rising from £32.4 billion in 2008.
On average, there are seven million used car sales annually, compared to two to 2.5 million new car sales.