Jaguar Land Rover has opened a huge new Classic Works facility in Coventry to build, restore and allow people to enjoy legendary cars from both brands.
The Classic Works menu includes:
- The production of ‘continuation cars’ like the six lightweight E Types already completed, or the nine new, hand-built Jaguar XKSSs currently under construction.
- JLR Classic will restore customers’ cars to factory-fresh standards, but they’re also sourcing barn finds around the world for the ‘Reborn’ programme. At the moment, Land Rover Series 1, Jaguar E-Types and early Range Rovers are getting the VIP treatment.
- Jaguar Land Rover Classic Parts supplies genuine parts for models whose range has been out of production for over a decade. The catalogue currently has more than 30,000 individual and guaranteed parts, available to order from Jaguar Land Rover’s global retail network.
- In addition to cars, services and parts, Jaguar Land Rover Classic also offers customers the opportunity to experience a selection of legendary Jaguar and Land Rover models with Classic Drives at sites including MIRA and Eastnor Castle, where many of the vehicles were developed. And, drives can be combined with factory visits too.
- From September, members of the public will be able to experience the craftsmanship and expertise for themselves. Guided tours will be available on selected days throughout the year, offering enthusiasts the chance to learn all about the projects undertaken at the new heart of Jaguar Land Rover Classic, including a behind-the-scenes look at the Jaguar Land Rover Classic Collection.
At 14,000 square metres, Jaguar Land Rover Classic Works is the largest facility of its type in the world, with a dedicated showroom space and 54 workshop bays for servicing and restoring all Jaguar and Land Rover models out of production for a decade or more.