New research has revealed the truth behind our love-affair with driving – with freedom, personal space and being in control of our own destiny topping the chart.
Top 10 reasons why driving gives Brits the feelgood factor
- I can get anywhere, anytime, anyhow (45%)
- I love being in my own space (42%)
- I like to be in control of my own destiny (37%)
- I won’t have to rely on public transport (36%)
- I enjoy the freedom to move at my own speed (35%)
- I like the open road and freedom driving provides (29%)
- I’m reassured that I’ve maintained my own vehicle properly (22%)
- My car is an extension of my personality, matching my lifestyle (21%)
- I love turning on music and singing (18%)
- I use my car as a mini office (15%)
“It’s really encouraging to see the UK is truly a nation who still have a passion and love of driving, especially as electric, autonomous cars and vans, and new forms of mobility gain importance,” said Matt Dyer of LeasePlan UK which carried out the study.