Renault’s budget brand Dacia has released a new disco inspired video, “Dacia Way I Like It!”, to mark its fifth anniversary in the UK.
Since launching in 2013, Dacia has sold more than 120,000 vehicles in the UK.
The UK’s most affordable SUV, the Dacia Duster, arrived in early 2013, soon to be followed by the Sandero supermini – at £5,995 it’s still the most affordable new car on sale in the UK some five years later.
The Sandero Stepway, the UK’s most popular Dacia model, joined later that year, quickly followed by the spacious Logan MCV. The full UK line-up was completed when the crossover inspired Logan MCV Stepway joined the family in 2017.
Dacia still offers the lowest priced new car in the UK, with the Sandero starting at just £5,995. In 2017 the Sandero was also named the car with the lowest total running costs on sales by cap hpi.
Dacia hit its first major UK sales milestone of 100,000 vehicles in April 2017– with a Sandero Stepway purchased by a customer in Bristol.
Heading across the Severn, the Sandero was the sixth best-selling car overall in Wales in the whole of 2017.
“Dacia was launched in 2013 and straight away we had great public interest in the brand and it’s really found a fit with UK car buyers,” said Louise O’Sullivan, Head of Dacia UK.
Dacia is no stranger to award wins either. Dacia has won over 40 awards in the UK since 2013 including What Car?’s ‘Best Small Car under £12,000’ for six consecutive years for the Sandero.
Dacia: five fascinating facts
- More than 120,000 Dacias have been sold in the UK since 2013, 94% of those to private buyers
- If you lined up all the Dacias sold to date in the UK, they would stretch from London to Edinburgh
- Dacia was the fastest growing retail brand in Europe in 2017
- Dacia market share in the UK is now 1%
- More than 4.5 million Dacias have been sold globally since the brand’s relaunch in 2004