Monday , December 17 2018
Home / Auto News / Ford Mustang is top of the pops

Ford Mustang is top of the pops

The new Ford Mustang is the UK’s most popular high-performance sports coupe.

Ford has done some number-crunching and based on the sales of rivals with 250PS (247bhp) or more for the first half of 2016, it’s comfortably ahead of competitors from Porsche, BMW, Jaguar and Mercedes.

More than 4,000 right-hand drive Ford Mustangs have been sold already, but just between January-July 2016, 2,317 were registered, putting it top of the table  – its closest rival being the Jaguar F-Type with 1,446.

Top 10 250PS+ Performance Sports Coupes
Ford Mustang (2,317)
Jaguar F-Type (1,446)
BMW 6 Series (1,367)
Porsche 911 (1,315)
Porsche Cayman (787)
Audi TT (778)
Porsche Boxster (526)
Mercedes SL (489)
Porsche 718 (482)
BMW i8 (382)

Figures from January to July 2016

The current split in sales across models shows that 70% of customers specified the 5.0-litre V8 engine, with the remaining 30% favouring the 2.3-litre EcoBoost.

Total customer orders for the Ford Mustang in Europe now stand at more than 19,500 since the car was launched in the third quarter of 2015.

About Gareth Herincx

Gareth is a versatile journalist, copywriter and digital editor who's worked across the media in newspapers, magazines, TV, teletext, radio and online. After long stints at the BBC, GMTV and ITV, he now specialises in motoring.

Check Also

1956 Ferrari 290 MM

Historic Ferrari racer sells for £17.2m at auction

A 1956 Ferrari 290 MM raced by many of motor racing legends has sold for …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *