The all-new Land Rover Discovery has been crowned overall winner at the 2017 Tow Car Awards.
It is an accolade the previous generation Discovery won nine times, culminating in it being chosen as Tow Car of the Decade in 2016.
This year’s winners range in size (and price) from the Discovery to the more humble Hyundai i30 hatchback, with a mix of hybrids, MPVs, estates and 4×4 models in between.
Tow Car Awards 2017 – the winners
- Overall Winner: Land Rover Discovery 3.0 Td6 HSE
- Up to 1400kg: Škoda Octavia Estate 2.0 TDI 150PS SE L DSG
- 1400-1549kg: Škoda Superb 2.0 TDI 150PS SE L Executive
- 1550-1699kg: Jaguar XF 2.0 i4 180PS RWD Portfolio Auto
- 1700-1899kg: Jaguar F-Pace 3.0d 300PS AWD S
- 1900kg+: Land Rover Discovery 3.0 Td6 HSE
- Best Ultralight Tow Car: 1.4 T-GDi 140PS Premium
- Best Petrol Tow Car: Audi A4 Allroad 2.0 TFSI 252PS Quattro S-tronic
- Best MPV: Ford S-Max 2.0 TDCi 180PS Titanium
- Fuel Economy Award: Škoda Superb 2.0 TDI 150PS SE L Executive
- Best Budget 4×4: Suzuki SX4 S-Cross 1.4 BoosterJet Allgrip SZ5 4×4 Auto
- Best Pick-Up: Volkswagen Amarok 3.0 TDI 224PS 4Motion Aventura Auto
- Best Hybrid: Volvo XC90 T8 Twin Engine Momentum