Twelve different manufacturers have been recognised as best-in-class following the first round of voting for the UK Car of the Year Awards 2018.
The number of categories this year has been expanded to 13, ranging from Best Supermini to Best Performance and the winning model in each sector now goes forward to determine the overall prize of UK Car of the Year 2018.
BMW was the only car maker to pick up more than one award as the 5 Series scooped the top honour in the Best Executive category, while the Touring version was named Best Estate.
Peugeot and Lexus picked up their first category wins, while Rolls-Royce made it a hat-trick of wins in the Best Luxury category as the Phantom triumphed.
The overall UK Car of the Year 2018 – which is supported by Cox Automotive, whose UK brands include Manheim and Motors.co.uk – will be announced on February 23, 2018.
UK Car of the Year Awards 2018 category winners:
- Best Supermini – Seat Ibiza
- Best Small Hatch – Volkswagen Golf
- Best Family – Peugeot 3008
- Best Executive – BMW 5 Series
- Best Luxury – Rolls-Royce Phantom
- Best Estate – BMW 5 Series
- Best Small Crossover – Citroen C3 Aircross
- Best Medium Crossover – Volvo XC60
- Best Large Crossover – Skoda Kodiaq
- Best Coupe – Lexus LC
- Best Cabriolet – Mazda MX-5 RF
- Best Hot Hatch – Hyundai i30 N
- Best Performance – Kia Stinger