Ford achieved its highest February UK registrations since 2004 across passenger cars and commercial vehicles.
According to the official SMMT figures, overall February car sales in the UK were down 2.8% at 80,805 registrations, compared with February 2017. However, Ford reversed the industry trend with car sales up 21.6% compared with the same period in 2017.
Total UK light commercial vehicle (LCV) sales were much healthier in February – up 6.4% at 14,135 – compared with February 2017.
Ford’s LCV sales were up 30.2 per cent at 5,414, compared with February 2017, giving the company a market share of 38.3%.
Transit Courier, Transit Connect, Transit Custom, Transit and Ranger were all placed at the top of their respective market segments, claims Ford.
According to the official sales figures issued by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT):
- Ford leads UK overall, car and CV sales in February
- Ford has two models in the top five best-selling cars (Fiesta 1st, Focus 4th)
- Ford car sales and share up in February
- Fiesta leads February sales in its ninth year as the UK’s best-selling car
- Ford CV sales and share up in February and for the year to date
- Fiesta registrations were more than four times those of its nearest rival
- Transit Custom and Transit are the UK’s best-selling LCVs in 2018
“It’s been a record month and Ford’s long-standing market leadership is being consolidated by our growth in more profitable retail sales, supported by the industry’s most successful scrappage scheme so far,” said Andy Barratt, Ford of Britain chairman and managing director.